Creaturez.of.the.Zoo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creaturez.of.the.Zoo

cZz official forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Patch switches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
[cZz]Br3@k@w@y
Admin
Admin
[cZz]Br3@k@w@y

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Patch switches Empty
PostSubject: Patch switches   Patch switches I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:46 pm

As you know, when Blizz releases a new War3 version, chaos sets over GG. Constant dota players usually get the new one and the others mix between old and new. So RPG gaming becomes impossible! At first for the "in-tune" ones, later on for the "old-fashioned" ones. But all in one, connection between these two parties goes through a confusing period when trying to play rather gives you headaches than relaxes you!

So what to do when you can't join with your 1.22 version that appealing 1.23 pudge wars game?
It's simple! All you have to do is be flexible and switch from one version to the other, depending on whom you want to play with!
In fact, you need to save some files that are changed from 1 version to another, and replace them in the warcraft 3 main folder each time you want to switch to another version.

But for a more confortable and faster access, just follow these easy steps and obtain you own patch switcher(in this case for versions 1.22 and 1.23):

1. Create 2 new folders in your War3-frozen throne- main folder and name them : v1.22 and v1.23 .
2. Copy the following files from your War3-frozen throne- main folder: game.dll ; storm.dll ; war3patch.mpq ; war3.exe ( the one without an icon ) .
3. If your current version is 1.22, paste them in the v1.22 folder ; if it's 1.23 paste them in the v1.23 folder.
4. Then look for the same files , but for the other version.
In case your current version is 1.22, here's the download link for the zipped 1.23 files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G99WHSX9
Unzip it in your v1.23 folder.
In case your current version is 1.23, you will have to look for the same files, but corresponding to version 1.22.
You can PM me for them.
5. Open a notepad and paste this on it :
@echo off
copy *.dll ..
copy *.exe ..
copy *.mpq ..
6. Save it as a .bat file.
7. Copy this new .bat file in both v1.22 and v1.23 folders. Rename them (Recommended "patch 1.22" for the one from folder v1.22 and "patch 1.23" for the other 1 ).
8. Create shortcuts on your desktop.
9. Click on one. Let it do its thing.
10. Open you war3 and see if the version is indeed the one the patch.bat file you have clicked on was.

Fin! Smile

Last edited by [cZz]Br3@k@w@y on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.garena.com/clan/index.php?module=clanview&clid=64
[cZz]Br3@k@w@y
Admin
Admin
[cZz]Br3@k@w@y

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Patch switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patch switches   Patch switches I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:26 pm

As an extra safety measure, to make sure you don't screw your war3, check if your v1.22 folder looks like this ( highlighted files requierd):
Patch switches 122
and your v1.23 like this (same items are absolutely required, others r extra):
Patch switches 123

Don't forget that the patch.bat is the thing you add through notepad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.garena.com/clan/index.php?module=clanview&clid=64
Anonymous

Patch switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patch switches   Patch switches I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:45 pm

thx for the info
Back to top Go down
[cZz]St33lP4nt$
[cZz]St33lP4nt$

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Patch switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patch switches   Patch switches I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:41 am

[b]realy good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Sponsored content

Patch switches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patch switches   Patch switches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch switches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creaturez.of.the.Zoo :: General :: Useful stuff-
Jump to: